Moles, Warts, and Molluscum in Tucson, AZ
What are Moles, Warts, and Molluscum?
There are quite a few different types of skin conditions that Dr. Marc I. Epstein and his team treat at Mountain View Dermatology and Aesthetics. They include lesions, like moles (nevi) and warts, and molluscum contagiosum (a rash of bumps on the skin that may become inflamed and spread quickly). Skin lesions can either be raised and create a bump or can lie beneath the skin's surface and cause a dark spot. While skin lesions are usually not a cause for concern, they should be evaluated due to the possiblitity of skin cancer. Molluscum contagiosum can be an embarrassing, unsightly viral skin condition to contract, but the good news is you can stop the spread of this illness. At Mountain View Dermatology and Aesthetics in Tucson, AZ, we perform lesion removal and offer guidance on how best to deal with the symptoms of molluscum. Contact our office to learn more, and schedule an appointment.
How are moles, warts, and molluscum treated?
Lesion removal for moles and warts is performed in our Tucson, AZ office using a local anesthetic in our minor procedure room. The method will depend on the lesion's location, depth, and size. Some lesions can be easily removed with a simple shaving technique or liquid nitrogen treatment, but others may require excision. Your initial consult will determine the most ideal method for your skin condition. Regardless of the approach, we will do our best to minimize the presence of scars.
At Mountain View Dermatology and Aesthetics, we can treat your molluscum infection with several fundamental techniques:
- Scraping (curettage): Removes the affected bumps from the skin. This will not cure the disease or prevent the virus.
- Freezing (cryotherapy): Each bump of infected skin is frozen with liquid nitrogen. Achieving the intended result might take a few sessions with repeat applications.
- Cautery: We will use heat to eliminate the visible part of each bump, which may also require several sessions to eliminate the rash effectively. This doesn't stop new lumps from popping up.
What are the symptoms of moles, warts, and molluscum?
Understanding the symptoms of skin conditions, such as warts, moles, and molluscum, is crucial in identifying and treating them early. Here are some of the typical symptoms you might encounter for each skin condition:
- Rough texture
- Flesh-colored, white, pink, or tan bump on the skin
- Appearance of tiny black dots, which are small, clotted blood vessels
- Generally appear on hands, fingers, and soles of the feet
- Can be painful, especially when on the feet
- Brown or black, generally round or oval, growths on the skin
- Can be flat or raised
- May have a smooth or rough texture
- Can change in color over time or may remain the same
- Generally appear during childhood or before the age of 25
- Small, round, and firm bumps on the skin
- Generally flesh-colored but can also be pink or white
- Often feature a small indentation or dimple in the middle
- Can appear alone or in groups, generally in a straight line
- Typically not painful but can be itchy
Moles, Warts, and Molluscum Reviews
Good service and very friendly staff!
Very nice people at Mountain View. Had me in and out and I am already happy with my results!
I have been going to Mountain View Aesthetics since 2018. Rochelle has performed all of my skincare procedures. She does such a thorough job. My skin has never looked better. She explains in detail the difference between all of the procedures they offer. I highly recommend Rochelle.
I have used this business for over 10 years and Shelly is wonderful. I trust her experience with anti-aging lasers and topical applications. She truly cares about her clients.
I would like to thank Dr. Epstein for helping me get my life back. I went first to see him a couple of months ago. I was in desperate need for help for my hands and face, they were so bad I felt like a monster. I had no idea I had a staph infection until he did a culture on me. On the 1st day I went to go see him, oh and btw, I had call left a voicemail and I got in the next day after I had told them it was an emergency. Thank you staff! 💕 Dr. Epstein and Rebecca were both amazing. I was in tears coming in and I left in tears when I came back for a follow up, Dr, Epstein is a miracle worker. My eczema was gone!!! I couldn’t believe it! I can’t say enough about Dr. Epstein and everyone in his office. I will forever be thankful, I can’t express myself enough. This man is truly amazing. If there was 100 stars ⭐️ I’d rant and rave about him and give him 1000 more stars! I am truly blessed to have met Dr Epstein and his staff for taking the time to get me back to myself again. I will always recommend him. Much love to you all and God bless. 💜🙏💕💕💕
Schedule An Appointment Today
Moles, warts, and molluscum often cause self-consciousness or even anxiety, as well as irritation. Dr. Marc I. Epstein and his team at Mountain View Dermatology and Aesthetics offer the most advanced and specialized techniques to treat these common skin conditions. Contact our office in Tucson, AZ to schedule a consultation.